Tomasz Pik wrote:
Also, o.a.c.l is probably the biggest success of Jakarta Commons team
and I don't think that such solution is the best in the 'marketing'
terms ('whole world using it so we're going not to use it...').

The fact that many servers already include commons-logging isn't the point. I typically have at least 10 commons jars in my classpath at all times, but it isn't fair to assume that everyone else does the same.

Also, I don't think any decision has been made to stop using commons-logging.

All that is occurring is a conversion of the commons-logging dependency
from mandatory to optional.