Emmanuel Bourg wrote on Monday, June 21, 2004 8:17 PM:

> Is there a good reason to keep the configurations using DOM4J instead
> of their DOM based equivalent ? If there is no difference
> between the two
> I'm tempted to remove DOM4JConfiguration and
> HierarchicalDOM4JConfiguration (or to move them to a contrib
> directory), and then merge DOMConfiguration into XMLConfiguration and
> HierarchicalDOMJConfiguration into HierarchicalConfiguration.
>
> What do you think ?

Taking Paul's comment into account, there seems not to be a real sufficient solution.
DOCConfiguration is quite nice for JDK >= 1.4, since no additional dependency is
generated. Therefore I vote in first place for the DOMConfiguration, but it might be
good to have DOM4JConfiguration in e.g. commons-configuration-optional around and the
possibility to tell the "core" to use this implementation.

Comments?

-- Jörg