Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Michael McGrady wrote:

Commons is not a place for people uninterested in Java development. Commons is a common repository for code used in Java development. Maybe the math boys and girls are thinking of doing something like Struts only for math folks. If so, then jakarta-commons is not the place for that.

Michael

Michael,

I believe you misinterpreted my statement. Besides, this a "Community", not "Mob rule", only consensus decides the nature of what "The Commons" is (not one person making blanket statements out of context).

-Mark

Hi, Mark,

I could not have "misinterpreted" your statement, because I did not interpret anything you said. I merely made my own point. I am not sure what the "community" versus "mob rule" is all about in your mind, so I won't guess. I do think that commons has a particular MISSION to serve jakarta GENERALLY in way that OTHER "non-commons" applications do not. THAT was the point. I too am, you might guess, totally against "mod rule". I have never seen it, but it seems like a bad idea. I don't even like group-rule, much less mobs, or even organized crime. I am not sure what you were thinking, but it has the advantage of a lot of drama that kind of livens up the discussion. Anyway, I was trying to make a positive point and was not that interested in what you in particular were saying.

Michael