On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:00:56 -0700, Kevin A. Burton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]
> When a new projects is created are you telling me that you don't give
> CVS commit to the lead developers? How would IBM feel if when they
> contributed Xerces that you wouldn't give their lead engineers access to
> CVS?

If you had gone through the incubation process
(http://incubator.apache.org) the way that IBM is doing for Derby, or
BEA is doing for Beehive, that is indeed what would have happened.
However, I suspect there would have been pushback on a project with
only two active developers, both working for the same company.

Craig