It's not a question of whether anyone could tell, or  whether or not
you should have mentioned it. The point is that the ASF can not accept
LGPL derived code, for legal reasons.

What you originally said was "I 'borrowed' and modified the jdiff
code", which says that your code is derived from JDiff code, which is
LGPL code. If what you meant is that you took the code from the JDiff
*Maven plugin*, and that is existing Apache code, then that is a very
different story.

If you're sure that your code is free of LGPL encumbrances, then by
all means feel free to send it here. Just for the record (in the mail
archives), it would be helpful if you could provide a ViewCVS URL to
what you based your code on in the Apache repository, to clear up any
confusion and make sure we dot the i's and cross the t's.

--
Martin Cooper