The problems I've hit are:

1/
No easy way to do 'cvs status -v project.xml' and list the tags that
have been applied to a component. Instead I've switched to using an
alias with:

    svn list http://svn.osjava.org/svn/osjava/releases | grep $1 | sed 's/\/$//'

2/
Have to change the mindset for doing releases without a piece of work.
Say [io] doesn't want to release the find sub-package. The way I'd
normally do this in CVS is to check it out; remove the find package
and do a cvs tag. With SVN I think I would tag the whole thing; then
check the tag out and treat it like a branch, removing files from it
to get the right thing.
I'm not sure if this is any worse; might just be a mental change.

3/
URLs. Definitely more of a pain to come up with the two long urls to
tag with etc :) I wonder how well the IDE plugins do with this. How do
you train them to understand your tag/branch/release strategy.

4/
Tagging multiple entities. With maven (or ant I guess), when using a
shared super-build file (ie commons-build/project.xml), you should tag
both your component and the super-build file. In Commons we've got
around this by only using the super-build file for site generation,
but I've a project where I use it for building too.

To tag the right files, I have to create a new directory in releases/,
commit that into svn, then svn copy various things into it. A little
bit of a pain, more so if you screw up and do an update in releases/
:)

Overall though I've adapted and am dealing with it. My only worries
with SVN are the pains the berkeley db has given me, including some
bug in viewcvs which corrupted the svn repo to the extent that the
rescue scripts failed and whether IDE plugins will be good enough
whenever I can afford a powerful enough laptop :)

The only one that would affect the ASF for other people I think is
whether their current method of using CVS is supported in SVN and how
loudly they want to cry if it isn't.

Hen