On 3 Jan 2005, at 16:25, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

At 09:23 PM 1/2/2005, robert burrell donkin wrote:

i'm in definitely agreement with craig's assessment (a long while ago) that one of the fundamental flaws with the current JCL is that we ship an unusable API distribution with runtime dependencies.

Robert,

Are you by any chance referring to Craig's comments [1] on the
"commons-logging & classloading" thread [2]?

nope (but don't ask me to find the references). distributing an api jar which requires runtime dependencies was a mistake. this issue hasn't arisen for quite a while since we try to keep quiet about the existing of the api jar.

- robert