Currently we make available two versions, src and bin.

The src contains all the source code and xdocs. Occaisionaly the jar file is included (this is a related issue to this email thread).

The bin contains the jar file, and the javadoc.

Yet, whenever I download a commons package I always find myself downloading both - the bin to get the jar, and the src to get the source to attach within my IDE (Eclipse).

So, maybe we should consider having an ide download. This would contain the jar and the zipped src (no xdoc or package.html etc). This would be a smaller download than either current dist, yet provide everything most users need, and without two downloads.

Am I talking rubbish? Would you download a commons-xxx-ide.zip? Is it worth the effort?

Stephen