On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 21:39 +0200, Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
> Actually I just wanted to tease out what Simon meant with the "incompatible"
> issue between log4j 1.2.x and 1.3.x

I wish I could remember the exact details. If you want them, you could
try searching the log4j developers email archive for emails from me, as
I discussed it at some length on that list.

But I'm quite sure that the end conclusion was that there is no code
that can compile against one version of the code and work against both.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong here, but before putting forward
any proposal, please *test* it, ie compile against one version and then
run against both 1.2 and 1.3 versions.

Regards,

Simon