hi james

IMO it would be better to make this a proposal. quite often, small
changes will are needed and discussion required. votes tend to get a
little confused and lost when that happens. usually, it's a bit cleaner
to make a proposal then move to a vote when there are no remaining
objections.

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 08:17 -0400, James Carman wrote:
> All,
>
> Outside projects (currently my Syringe project and the "Crispy" project at
> sourceforge) are beginning to want to use Commons Proxy, but are finding it
> difficult since it's in the sandbox and no releases are available.  I
> believe Proxy's API is close to being ready for a release candidate.
> Currently, I don't have any other bright ideas for it, but I'm open to
> suggestions.  Moving it to the proper will help us prepare it for an
> official release.

being ready for an official release is one of my personal criteria for
promotion (so that's good). part of being ready is demonstrating to the
community that the committers know how to cut commons releases.

might i suggest that you cut an example release candidate and upload it
to your apache home directory. not only will this speed the time taken
to cut the first release (we can spot any problems now rather than
later) but it will also give us a better idea of where proxy actually is
right now.

- robert