On 11/15/05, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> > [X] .txt
> > [ ] .java
> > [ ] .properties
> > [ ] .xml
> > [ ] .css
>  > [ ] .mf
>
> My preference is for all ASCII files not in the src/java or src/text
> folders to be converted. Note that I doubt [collections] or [io] do this
> fully yet.
>
> Stephen

I am working on a patch to the maven dist plugin that makes the crlf
filter property configurable.   Arnaud pointed out in another thread
that there should probably a similar filter applied to make sure "lf"
line endings are used in the tar.gz distros.  My inclination is to
apply this to *all* files in the tar.gz distros by default.  It occurs
to me now that because of the "eol=native" svn props, RMs who cut
releases on Windows are likely making tars with crlf line endings
(since svn will convert files to crlf on checkout). Note that this
applies to ant as well as maven-built distros.

I will make the unix filter configurable as well, but want feedback on
what the default should be, as well as what our policy should be in
commons on line endings in tar.gz as well as zip distros.

Phil