Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 12/3/05, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> 40

>>> minimum

>>> is a
>>> on

>>> update my
>>> hmmm...I have a bash script ;-)
>>>
>>> It just consists of a bunch of lines like this:
>>>
>>> maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-ant-plugin
>>> -Dversion=1.9
>>> maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven
>>> -DartifactId=maven-artifact-plugin -Dversion=1.5.2
>>
>> What I was thinking of was some kind of script (language TBD ;) that would
>> take the 'maven --info' file that you mentioned earlier, and use that to
>> update my plugins. That way, when someone updates the info file, I just need
>> to run the script to get all the required updates.
>
> I think what I am doing now to the commons-build pom will do that.
> You will just have to execute any target in commons-build and the
> plugins will get updated appropriately.  We can also use the
> commons-build POM dependencies section as the place where we maintain
> the list of required dependency versions.  Unless someone sees a
> problem with this, I will go ahead and commit the change to the
> commons-build pom.
>
> Phil

I've been watching the flurry of 'maven-centric' messages floating
around as it deals with [net] and commons in general. Perhaps when going
outside the [net] scope (with commons-build), it might be beneficial to
move the conversation out to [all] (which is where the other main thread
is occurring).

Just a thought. (and nothing like the previous thought of "what was so
bad about ant" ;-) )

Brian