On 12/4/05, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/4/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Phil Steitz wrote:
> > about

> > life

> > > Then the solution to add the necessary dependencies to commons-build
> > > won't work and what we need to do is something like pluginUpdate
> > > (bunch of explicit plugin installs from the command line).  Correct?
> >
> > No, I think it should work - unless I missed something. The problem is,
> > I thought, that a lot of the projects don't extend commons-build?
>

> Right. At first they didn't, then they did, and now they don't again. Please
> let's not flip-flop this again. ;-)

+1
Extending commons-build means you can't even jar or test without
checking that out and individual releases are not fully determined by
what ships with them.  What we need is a reliable way to make sure
that we all have current enough versions of the plugins installed so
that the common site generation (and recommendations in the docs) work
properly.  IIUC, the only way to do that is to keep a list of required
plugin versions and have people install them manually.  The
pluginUpdate.txt file does both of these.  Since we are also at this
point requiring maven 1.0.2, some of the items on that list can likely
be eliminated, since I think some ship with that.

Phil