On 12/18/05, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I think it's pretty obvious that we need to start a new maven plugin
> project for commons.  So, why don't we just get started?  Do we have to vote

+1 get started :)

> on something like that?  Are we going to make it a Maven2 or Maven1 plugin?

Nope, I think it's pretty clear that there's consensus to look into a plugin.

Maven-1 makes sense, the work on a plugin is more about figuring out
what to put in there and not the technical difficulty of creating the
plugin. Unless it turns out that Maven-2 support makes it a lot
easier, or that's just the itch someone wants to scratch.

> Do we want to make everyone upgrade their POMs?

We should be able to script it, as you suggest below. Given that
maven-2 can live side by side with maven-1, it just needs someone to
either go ahead and make a pom.xml for all of commons, or to make a
list of the changes needed.

> Where will the code for the plugin live?

+1 for commons/proper/trunk/commons-plugin

> One a side note, why isn't there an XSLT stylesheet for translating old POMs
> to new ones?

Dunno :) Definitely on my list of todo's. (well, it was going to be a
perl script or regexp list, but xslt makes sense).

Hen