On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 16:14 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i've been considering for a while whether the commons should ship a
> simpler but reasonably compatible version of JCL. over the years, we've
> recommended this so many times but have always left it to the actual
> user to go away and do the work themselves. i've come to the conclusion
> that it would be a good idea for this to be available as a separate
> component.

I'm ok with this idea. It certainly would be useful.

However I think that JCL2.0 won't be too hard to create, and we would of
course end up generating exactly this as part of JCL2.0. So I would
probably prefer to just leave this work until then, rather than delay
the 1.1 release. If someone (you?) really wants to work on this, then
perhaps that could be done as a 1.1.1 release?

Cheers,

Simon