robert burrell donkin wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 23:07 +0200, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
The story seems quite simple so I thought I'd just ask for a vote sorry  if too
stressed.
The interaction jelly tag-library is now ready for release 1.1.
It has been recently boosted with a finer control on auto-completion, and maven console plugin is using it successfully. Thanks to give it a try* and provide a vote.
is this a vote on the idea of releasing (in other words, a release plan) or on actually cutting a release?
if it's an actual release vote then i'd like to be able to check a
release candidate before casting a vote...
I'm trying to return to this... but am getting drowned in time.
I would like to request votes to release jelly-tags-interaction.
I have followed Preparations to release and can judge the following steps:
- I'm nominated as release manager for this (because of last votes at least)
- I am proposing a release plan (below)

Here's the plan:
- all issues with this tag-libs are cleared
- no further changes are needed for the release... and almost no risk of concurrent change exist (hence no branch is needed). - the release shall, as with most jelly-tag-libraries, only produce jar files to be consumed from the maven repo at ibiblio and the repo at apache. No source or binary distribution will be made. - once the vote passed, I will simply update changes.xml and project.xml, tag the files, upload the jar to the Apache, submit a jar upload to iblio's repo.

I have assembled the following release candidates...
- a site with RC1 version tag:
    http://people.apache.org/~polx/tmp/jelly-tags-interaction-rc1/
- a jar which is the sole outcome of this subproject: http://people.apache.org/~polx/tmp/commons-jelly-tags-interaction-1.1-RC1.jar

Please tell me if that's enough to request a vote.

thanks

paul