I've been meaning to do this for a long time. There are a couple of questions to consider before rolling the release:

1. How should it be built?
Ant, Maven 1 or Maven 2. I've been working on the Maven 2 build and feel confident about in it now. Was kind of hoping that logging-1.1.1 would be the first commons release to use Maven 2, but I can be persuaded.

+1 for maven2

2. If we decide to use Maven 2 we should really change the groupId. This needs to be carefully thought through.

+1 for changing the groupId

cheers
--
Torsten