On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 03:38 +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Definitely happy to give M2 a try; but I'd rather not change the
> > groupId on a bugfix release. We already have an M2 release in
> > FileUpload that didn't change the groupid so that's not a worry. Plus
> > I want to get it done quickly :)
>
> Ah ...my "+1 for changing the groupId" was not meant for this bugfix
> release.
> It would be good to change it for new major releases though.

I expect that this will be the last ever release of commons-logging.
There are no features missing, no known bugs, and as support for java
1.4 is now generally universal there is no reason for applications not
to use the java.util.logging API directly.

Note that java.util.logging is an *API*, and the implementation bundled
in Sun's jdk is not the only choice (see JULI for example).

Changing the group-id is something that can only be done on a release,
so it seems sensible to do it for 1.1.1 even if this is just a "bugfix"
release.

Cheers,

Simon