On 4/18/07, Emmanuel Bourg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I did a fresh install of Maven 1.0.2 on people.apache.org (FreeBSD 6.1,
Java 5u7), with a fresh checkout of the code, and ran 'maven site'. The
build failed on checkstyle with this error :

Unable to create a Checker: cannot initialize module TreeWalker -
Property 'allowMissingJavadoc' in module JavadocMethod does not exist,
please check the documentation

I had the same issue on my laptop, this property exists in the
checkstyle documentation though. I removed the offending line and
restarted the site generation, it completed normally.

I had the same issue when checking about RC3 - just needed to install
the latest checkstyle plugin for maven to resolve this:

http://tinyurl.com/ypcuy7

Now I wonder why Phil's nightly builds report an xdoc error and not the
checkstyle error. What command is used to start the nightly build ?

Maybe not related to the checkstyle issue? From memory we got the kind
of error the nightly build is seeing when the commons-build jsl script
was updated and specifying the xdoc plugin as 1.9.2 resolved it. Now
we no longer depend on commons-build - but my guess is its an isssue
with the combination of plugins /scripts installed on the nightly
build m/c. I know you revereted the plugin version from 1.9.2 back to
1.8 because of the "title style" - but since its breaking the nightly
build for configuration (and its the style most components use)
perhaps you should just switch back to the 1.9.2 version (or move to
m2)?

Niall

Emmanuel Bourg