> The RAT report shows that there are quite a few non-trivial files that > don't yet have Apache License headers - these should really be fixed
> before release.

Ehm ...what are those!? I only see the pom's, the properties files
and the package.html files without ASL header.
I would consider those trivial.

I agree that the package.html and properties files are trivial, but
IMO the others aren't.

Is it trivial to create a POM from scratch?

I fear that probably comes down to the personal opinion :)

IMO - yes, it is trivial to write a POM from scratch. It just describes the project. All you need to know are the dependencies. The rest are details you don't necessarily need.

cheers
--
Torsten