On 30/05/07, Torsten Curdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > The RAT report shows that there are quite a few non-trivial
>> files that
>> > don't yet have Apache License headers - these should really be
>> fixed
>> > before release.
>>
>> Ehm ...what are those!? I only see the pom's, the properties files
>> and the package.html files without ASL header.
>> I would consider those trivial.
>
> I agree that the package.html and properties files are trivial, but
> IMO the others aren't.
>
> Is it trivial to create a POM from scratch?

I fear that probably comes down to the personal opinion :)

IMO - yes, it is trivial to write a POM from scratch. It just
describes the project. All you need to know are the dependencies. The
rest are details you don't necessarily need.

See:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200702.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

which says that ALL files need headers, unless they are very short and
having the header would have a negative affect on the application.

So I think the headers are needed.