> What would you think - how many percent of the developers that require > to build a project from the source have no http access to the internet? > Well, for jci I will personally send them a tar of the checkout - if
> they have email :-p

Source is not only needed for building the binary; it's also useful to
have access for debugging purposes in IDEs.

Source artifact are in the maven repo for that exact reason.

I would only advise to have a simple and classical way to distribute: an
archive on a web server people can retrieve using a web browser.

I the situation you are in it won't buy you anything as the build system is maven ...and it would need access to the network too.

How you get work done in such an environment is beyond me :)

cheers
--
Torsten