I believe you're right.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/proposal.html#decisions/items/plan says
"...Majority
approval is required before the public release can be made."

On 6/20/07, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Here's the result of the vote:

+1: Sebb, Oliver, Niall, Ben, Myself
-1: Stephen

No votes from Henri and Dion.

My understanding is, that Stephen's vote isn't counted as a veto, but
I'd like to ask you to correct me, if I'm wrong. In which case the
vote had failed.

Thanks,

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf