Right +1 from me as noted in [1].

Indeed I did comment about maintenance releases needing to be binary compatible
without new features as Apache guidelines note. In this case, I am happy to let
the release manager make the call. I am also happy with the XP "release early,
release often." I think that as long as we document what we are doing in this
case, and why, in the release notes, we should be ok. These release number
guidelines are important and perhaps it is OK in this case if we can guarantee
that nothing will break previous 1.3.x releases (1.3, 1.3.1). It sure does not
seem that this should not break anything unless someone is compiling code and
has deprecation usage configured as a compile error! Yikes. I think you can do
that in Eclipse...

Thank you,
Gary