Ortwin Glück wrote:

Michael Becke wrote:

If you set the host of a method or HttpClient to an IP address then it will connect to that address. DNS names are not required, but will be resolved using the default Java method if used.

Mike

This causes problems on Multi-Homed sites. A DNS name is required in the HTTP request (Host request header) to uniquely reference the site.
I was having a look through the latest release code and that was one of the things that occurred to me. Am I right in thinking that it would be HostConfiguration/HttpConnection that would require extra methods/calls to make a distinction between the host connected to (Socket level) and the advertised host (Host: header)?

--
Mike