hello all,

I am looking for a library to implement browser-like behavior, including HTTP 1.1 conformat caching. I have 2 questions regarding HttpClient:

1. Has it ever been considered to implement this as part of HttpClient?

2. I have seen an archiecture in JTidy (w3c.org), which I find quite handy. They have something called filters that can be registered into the request/respose flow and alter or amend it as needed. Consequently, they have implemented caching as a filter that returns the cached response if applicable.
I checked into HttpClient and found it almost impossible to introduce something similar - i.e. intercept the request/response flow, without directly hacking into the code. Am I missing something here, or is caching really not in the scope of HttpClient. Would it not make sense to introduce a concept like filters/interceptors (well, not in 2.0 I assume).

regards,
Christian