Following Code works for me with 1.4.1 in Eclipse with nothing added to the Classpath. I guess you are not running under 1.4.1 but 1.3. Check the system libraries in the Eclipse Build path. Use "add Library" to add the 1.4.1 System libraries.

package test;

/** * * @author Ortwin Glück */ public class Test {

    public Test() {
        try {
            Class.forName("javax.crypto.CipherSpi");
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        System.out.println("ok");
    }

public static void main(String[] args) { new Test(); } }

Rowe, David (CAG-CC MIS) wrote:

Well, on that note, I have a check at the beginning of my program that simply checks for the existence of javax.crypto.CipherSpi using:

Class.forName("javax.crypto.CipherSpi");

Which shouldn't throw a ClassNotFound Exception if it exists, but if I remove jce.jar from the class path, it throws the exception.

Dave