I agree. A coherent roadmap, or something of the like, would be quite useful. Don't be too hard on yourself, I've always found your writing to be quite good.

Mike

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

Makes sense. Anyways, some sort of coherent statement with regards to
the post-2.0 development directions is pretty much a must for the 2.0
Final. I think I could handle this task while you, guys, concentrate
on reviewing the pending patches, even though I am a terrible writer.

Oleg

-----Original Message----- From: Ortwin Glück
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 11:36
 To: Commons HttpClient Project Subject: Re: Next Release?

Looking at Bugzilla there are a few bugs with target milestone 2.1 Final and 3.0 Final. We can at least summarize these up or just provide links to Bugzilla. This is at least some sort of minimal planning.

Also your quote to Srinivas could go on that page. I means if we all
have ideas about a schedule in our heads. It's just a matter of communicating them. But nobody will ever point their finger at us if
we do not stick to those plans and change them for good reason.

Odi

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

Odi, That would surely be a much welcome addition. However, up to
now we have not been terribly good at planning things in advance
and then sticking to what has been agreed upon. With the current
limited resource pool I can hardly see anything more 'we wanna make
HttpClient better' kind of roadmap we would manage to live up to