No worries. The preferences API can be tricky. As soon as 3.0a2 is
officially out, there will be a new guide dealing exclusively with the
preferences API. Meanwhile you can get it from the CVS (as always)

Oleg

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 18:16, Oliver KÃll wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> thanks for the tips - i'll check them out.
>
> They look rather obvious, too - i wonder why i didn't think of it :-(
>
> I think the preferences stuff is a little hard to figure out. I usually
> end up scanning through the sources being quite confused. OTH, when i DO
>   grasp something, it looks rather smart to me.
>
> Regards, Oliver
>

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> >
> >>I only have a minor feature request for the preferences architecture: it
> >
> >>would be nice to be able to define default HttpMethodParams per
> >>HttpClient instance. (i'm not sure, but you may already have taken care
> >>of that).
> >>

> > I believe that can be fairly easy accomplished using existing API
> >
> > option 1)
> > HttpClientParams params = new HttpClientParams(null);
> > params.setParameter("whatever", new Integer(1));
> > HttpClient client = new HttpClient(params);
> >

> > option 2)
> >
> > DefaultHttpParams.setHttpParamsFactory(new HttpParamsFactory()
> >   {
> >     public HttpParams getDefaultParams() {
> >      HttpClientParams params = new HttpClientParams(null);
> >      params.setParameter("whatever", new Integer(1));
> >      return params;
> >   }
> > });
> > HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.