On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:44:12AM -0700, Miguel Muñoz wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Although some of the info
> in my post was wrong. I claimed I was getting this:
>
>       ShellCommand [-DB|-SCM|-SCW] [-s <source>]
>
> I was actually getting this:
>
>       ShellCommand [-DB|-SCM|-SCW -s <source>]
>
> What I want hasn't changed:
>
>       ShellCommand -DB|-SCM|-SCW [-s <source>]

The problem is that the 'all' group is has a minimum of 0 and so gets
square-bracketed. This is incorrect as we know that project group is
required and so we will have to have at least one argument. I'm not
really sure of a way to solve this, I think we will have to improve the
concept of when a group is optional. It will validate the arguments
correctly and it is just the HelpFormatter which is incorrect. As an
aside, I found that Groups aren't counted in thw minimum/maximum count
and I think this is wrong as if they were counted, you could give it a
hint by saying that all has a minimum of 1 (the project group) however
as it stands, this would make -s required. I will file a bug about these
things shortly.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful.

Andrew Shirley