It looks like my problem may be fixed in the trunk. Looks like sizeMax is actually honored now. It skips checking size if it is < 0. I'm going to test it out, but I'd still like to know if anyone knows when 1.2 will be released.
Let me know!
Andrew
Andrew wrote:
Correction...I'm using 1.1.1...so it must be in the nightly build which I can't use until it's been released. Any ideas on when that will be released?

Andrew
Andrew wrote:
When was the Streaming API Added?  I don't seem to have the

FileItemIterator iter = upload.getItemIterator(request);

Method in my 1.1 release. Was it added in 1.1.1? When you go to the javadoc link on the project page it says that is 1.2...

Andrew

Paul J DeCoursey wrote:
Are you reading as a Stream or are you buffering the file on disk?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/streaming.html

Also, it looks like UnknownSizeException has been deprecated because it doesn't exist in the latest release.

Andrew wrote:
We are running JBoss on RedHat AS3 on a linux box. I understand your comment about the protocol. I have other requirements that forced me to do it over https though.

Any ideas on the UnknownSizeException though and how I can disable it? I'm going to checkout the code today and look for myself, but if you already know, please enlighten me!

Thanks!
Andrew
Paul J DeCoursey wrote:
What is the OS and server you are running? I know that IIS has a limit, I think it's 2GB, for uploading files. I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be using a web based fileupload for files that large, you should use some more robust file transfer protocol, like FTP, SFTP, SCP or USPS.

Paul

Andrew wrote:
I'm running into the same problem. I send this email to the list on Friday, but never heard back from anyone...maybe it will get looked at here:

I'm trying to upload files larger than 2GB. It seems I can send a file larger, but FileUpload throws an exception when it is larger than 2GB. It throws: FileUploadBase$UnknownSizeException: the request was rejected because its size is unknown. I'm assuming it can't get the content size because it overflowed an int. Now, I don't care if it knows how big the file is, I just want it to take when ever file is sent to it. Is there a way to disable this check? I'm already setting setMaxSize(-1) (the default) but that doesn't seem to matter.
Let me know if you all have any ideas.
Thanks!
Andrew

Arijit Mukherjee wrote:
I've been able to upload files almost upto 2GB. I'm stuck at files >
2GB, and I suspect it's because of the native O/S and not a commons
fileupload problem.

Cheers
Arijit