On 10/3/06, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/3/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Also, it looks like UnknownSizeException has been deprecated because
it
> > doesn't exist in the latest release.
>
> It is not deprecated and should not have been removed. It seems that it
was
> removed by Jochen (cc'd) when he merged in his streaming changes. He
needs
> to put it back, though, since it is part of the 1.x public API.
>
> Note that UnknownSizeException is still part of the latest official
release
> (1.1.1). It it not in the nightly builds, however.

Yes, I removed it. But what good does the exception, if there's no
code that throws it?

The fact is that throwing that exception when the request is too large is
part of the FileUpload 1.x API contract. With your changes, that contract is
now broken. If the next release of FileUpload is going to be a 1.x release,
the contract must be honoured. Otherwise, the current code in trunk must be
considered part of a 2.0 release.

--
Martin Cooper

Jochen