The machines I'm using are 32-bit (just found that out) - so the API's would
probably limit themselves to a MAX size for counters etc to 2^32-1 which is
2GB. If you search for java.nio issues, you'll get similar things with the
transferTo and TransferFrom API's in the FileChannel.

I was able to upload almost ~10GB on a Mac PowerBook G4, which I guess is
64-bit - with the exact same code - basically the example code in the
documentation.

Arijit