From: Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:00:13 PM
Subject: Re: adding patch to jar

On 1/24/07, badi malik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> thanks for getting back to me...here's the problem i'm running into...
>
> i'm using flash to select and upload a file as opposed to using a form in
> an html page.  the problem stems from the way flash is handling the
> content...so i modified the FileUploadBase class at line 336 to this...

You must have an old version of FileUpload, because your line 336 is now
line 858, if I'm reading it properly. In any case, that doesn't help me
understand why you are making this change, so I can't tell if something
similar (certainly not that particular change) would be appropriate for
FileUpload. What is it that Flash is doing / not doing that is causing the
problem?

If you just want to build your own, I'd suggest grabbing the code from SVN
and building it with Maven. Trying to build one class and insert it into the
jar is more likely to cause problems than not. However, even if you go this
route, I'd still like to understand why *exactly* FileUpload doesn't work
for you "out of the box".

--
Martin Cooper

               //PATCH:Map headers = parseHeaders(multi.readHeaders());