> David Reid wrote:

> >>Or, most people just want to be left alone to write code.   :-)
> >
> > Amen :)
>
> <devils-advocate>
> And remain committers without wanting to becoming members; they just
> can't stand these time-consuming "politics".
> </devils-advocate>

<devils-advocate>
I do find it fascinating to note the active participants in this discussion
now. They've changed dramatically from the start of this discussion and now
seem to be heavily "Jakarta" oriented while the people who started this
discussion have largely left as the volume has increased and the topics
slewed away from the original intent... Guess that's those time consuming
politics that committers want to avoid??? There seems to be a disconnect
somewhere in the written word and actions

</devils-advocate>