David Reid wrote:

file://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html

I'd be more comfortable if the individual committer pages were hosted outside the apache.org domain, as is the case with this example. - ben

With a few notable exceptions, for example: http://www.apache.org/~fielding/

http://www.apache.org/~stefano/

Oh, are we keeping score? If we are I'll have to point out that somebody is hosting .doc files on his pages at apache.org. That's worth some points isn't it?

Humor aside what point are you folks making?

I've given up trying to figure that out as well...

I was *NOT* trying to be funny.

As I said at the Town Hall meeting of the ApacheCon... I am a committer, a PMC chair, a member, and a director... and for none of these roles does there seem to be a rulebook.

Now here we have Ben Hyde saying that he is concerned what impact there would be on the ASF if committers were allowed to have personal pages hosted by the ASF.

Meanwhile, the then chair of the ASF has long since hosted his favorite board games, sports, and quotes on www.apache.org.

Is that clear enough? If not, the point I was really trying to make was best expressed by Ken:

someone tries to force its opinion on me about how i may choose to
express myself and describe my participation in the asf, i tell it to sod
off in no uncertain terms.  if someone doesn't like it, then it should
a) not do it, and b) not look at others.  but don't obstruct people who
think the idea has value, particularly since it won't affect *you* in any way.
(generic 'you' there, not anyone in mind at all.

The ASF I wish to be a part of is one and/or create is one that tolerates differences in points of view or approach to solving problems.

- Sam Ruby