Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> --On Monday, December 2, 2002 8:39 AM +0100 Nicola Ken Barozzi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I don't think we are talking about complete personal websites with
> > blogs and such, with rants and honeymoon pictures, but about some
> > pages that explain what the person does, who he is, and not much
> > more.
>
> Of course we are.  We're saying that anyone can post whatever they
> want on their apache.org site.  That's what I'm against.  I don't
> want people posting their honeymoon pictures or their Beanie Babies
> collection.  But, as soon as we say, 'you can post whatever you
> want,' that's what is going to happen.  Saying otherwise is foolish.

Color me foolish then.  I just can't wait to have my very own dot
on Stephano's cool SVG image.

> Unfortunately, Roy's site is sort of an example of what I don't want
> to see.  However, what I believe Sam hasn't realized is that Roy
> *just* moved his site there from the UCI servers while he looks for a
> new home for his web site.  (Roy will correct me if I'm wrong.)  I
> trust Roy not to post anything inappropriate, so I'm not going to
> complain because I believe it's temporary.  Yet, not every committer
> has earned my trust in the way Roy has.

If your description is accurate, I see Roy's behavior here as
completely consistent with Jon's placement of an idiot.html url
within the Jakarta community documents.

Is this the Apache Way?

--
Joe Schaefer