Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Now, I wonder: why don't we use the 'community' CVS repository for personal pages? (or create another "community-pages" repository)

what do you think?

In general, it seems to me that an ASF wide repository is less likely to be actively monitored, maintained, and policed than a set of community specific repositories.

Personally, what I would like to see is pages like http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/who.html lead the way, and the results get aggregated up into pages like http://cvs.apache.org/~rubys/committers.html .

Also, putting the pages themselves in cvs also means that they must be statically rendered. While that might be OK for some, it would also exclude pages such as http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=StevenNoels .

Trust me, the results can still be spidered and the results put in a form suitable for input into your http://www.apache.org/~stefano/community/ page.

- Sam Ruby