on 6/21/03 11:01 PM Thom May wrote:

> * Stefano Mazzocchi ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
>
>>NOTE: copying members@ and community@ since this might be helpful to
>>many people.
>>

> Stefano,
> this was a really well written piece that, for me anyway, explained
> perfectly the difference between committers and members and what the process
> was for moving from one state to the next.
> Would it be possible to put this under the foundation site somewhere?

Thom,

as I wrote inside my email, while the description of the process is more
or less objective and it can well be placed on the web, the value of
membership is only my own personal view and it's not a vision shared by
the entire group of members.

But I believe that "the meaning of membership" will be a hot discussion
point in the future and, as we come up with consensus, I'll be happy to
describe it and place it in a public location.

> Thanks again, and thanks to everyone for granting me the distinct privilege
> of being a member of the ASF.

Welcome on board! ;-)

--
Stefano.