On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 23:25, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
> > Pushing the idea of a "guru" (IMVHO) is exactly the opposite of pushing the
> > idea of a community. It's a single individual over the bazillion of people
> > behind this or that project, and I wouldn't want it to be seen as a
> > "serious" figure promoted by the foundation...
>
> Hmm. This is monumentally far from what I'm trying to do. A lot of
> people come to the conference with real-world problems that they want
> solutions to, or at least suggestions that they can pursue in their own
> time when they get back home. I'm certainly not trying to promote myself

Actually, the first time you suggested the "guru is in" sessions, I
understood it exactly as described in this sentence. To me, this is
always Luzie sitting in her box with "The doctor is in" sign helping
Charlie Brown out.

IMHO Pier simply got the idea wrong. :-) So if you intend to do this,
I'd be happy to play "the Turbine guy" (as long as I get some beer. ;-)

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20