On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:55:27 -0500
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> > In my opinion, some projects are spending too long in the Incubator because
> > they aren't focusing on getting out.
> Let us analyze why that is.

Very simple. If Incubator Committee takes "graduation examination"
bi-monthly in place by force partly, many "under-incubation" projects
might pass the exams. Even though fails, they would pass in the
next period.

Psycologically, this would be proven without difficulty.

Most of the "under-incubation" projects do not have "definitive goals".
You can remember old high school days. "Exam" period makes people
down in the dump but very important in life. Makes the green youths
matured dramatically.

Legally speaking,
"legislation of specified duration"
"an act valid for a specified period of time"
... would be different in terms of their blueprints
and side-effects (psycological effects etc.)
from normal acts. Especially, in criminal laws.

Now I am talking about the effects of "specified duration"
with an economist in japan who had been one of the members
in IETF/W3C. I found a crucial difference between the asf and w3c.
In Derivatives/Securitization (advanced finance) field,
"DURATION" is a very important term, needless to say. I am
sure that the concept of "duration" would be tightly related
to institutionalization in any forms of the organizations.

Sincerely,