Hi,

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> I do no that the Subject does not seem valid; i.e. the charset escaping
> is wrong. But it would be nice if the notice has a note what rule
> was triggered. Given that it is this early it was based on IP ?

> Dw

It seems not -- not IP based. simply it is blocking
"/^Subject: =\?(ISO-2022-JP|koi8-r|euc_kr|big5|gb2312|....)\?(B|Q)\?/io"
or something.
# We DO know what this would mean. Especially, those who
# have experience of administration of mail servers
# (qmail,james,sendmail etc.).

As Brian told us, it was based on the script what i suggested
in various ways -- it appears.

This "pattern" rejects all the e-mails written in
japanese/russian/korean/taiwanese/chinese
-- in "Subject:" header line.
(Please refer to RFP for "MIME")

Most of spam mails in japanese/russian/korean/taiwanese/chinese
have MIME encoded subject header line. So, I thought it that
it would be nice to *spamwatch* mails in such pattern -- in
order to reduce the *burden*s of *.apache.org mailing list moderators
and perhaps most of the committers who are normally using "latinized"
languages --.
What I *suggested* was ... perl script for individual committers
not for *default settings in mail server*

--

 but ... it turned out that it could have choked my neck.
 apache.org server have come to REJECT my private mails ...

--

Of course, I can tell you that I would not complain if there
were some nice notifications and "how-to" documents there.

I do not think it that (Brian's) spamwatch perl script is not nice.
Rather, really nice it has been. -- I do believe it that apache.org
is tackling spamming issues in TOP Level (By the way, congratulations
spamassassin guys! -- TLP now!) and it deserves praise.

Please let me know if you have troubles in multi-byte issues.
I want to *communicate* more -- if i could enough *right* (karma?) to do.

Thanks,