> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
>
> > Aye. Thanks a ton. By the way, can I suggest it that --
> > if your team (infrastructure team) would have conducted
> > *critical* infrastructural affairs,
> > could you please use "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" mailing list
> > to notify those "changes"?
> >
> > infrastructure@ is closed list and community@ (and committers@)
> > are open lists. -- so, for the better communications, can I propose
> > this?
>
> infrastructure@ is an open list as far as I can tell. I'm subscribed and
> am a committer like yourself.
> ct
> That said, it would be nice to have some form of outward communication on
> the various admin things. Yet another painful thing for the admins to have
> to juggle, but nice for those of us out here on the fringe.
>
> One example is the massive spam improvements. The amount of spam coming
> into my moderator queues dived and I spent a little while wondering what
> was up with my email server :) Fortunately I listen to infrastructure and
> after a while someone mentioned that spamassassin was in place and taking
> care of much.
>
> Unsure what the best medium would be. A weekly 'infrastructure notes'
> email?
>
> Hen

Henri,

thanks,

I can tell it that infrastructure@ is not `open list`.
# Guess it why. can you pick up infrastructure@
# archives at eyebrowse? -- really *closed* LIST it is,
# from my point of views

And, I've decide to unsubscribe there at the end of November 2003.
(I'd been fed up with the newsletter controversy, there -- at that time)
It's closed list.

What I suggest -- very simple. Yes, I can tell you that
the changes of the infrastructural issues would have been
discussed at [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (Could you please
*give* me the number of the subscribers, if you can -- au --
and the nice url for the reference of the infrastructural matters?)

However, most of the committers (800 people, IIRC) would not
have access to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wow ... really *high traffic*
list, if i remember correctly. --- not opened.
In such a situation, using "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" would be better
to notify the serious changes in the infrastructural issue.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is very nice list for such notifications of
serious infrastructural issues. (Do believe it -- objections?)

Thanks in advance, Love guys,

Sincerely,

Tetsuya