Hi,

As for the project news (release news), you folks can
use apachenews.org (Unofficial resource, but I guess
it is very useful for the users/BIGfans of the apache products).
http://www.apachenews.org/
(Historically, this is the heir of the Jakarta News/ Apache News)

Now, this contains the information on each projects (as
far as projects provide the information in DOAP files
-- http://projects.apache.org/ ). Very user-friendly website,
which has more than 3-year-history, I believe.

You can post hot news topics (especially, "alpha/beta-version"
releases and incubation-release)
on your projects to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I know that annoucements upon "stable release" should go to
[EMAIL PROTECTED](ASF-wide annoucement list)

# I am planning to "competitive upgrade" from MovableType to
# Apache Roller ;) , BTW

Sincerely,

Tetsuya Kitahata,

----

> (Note that a draft of this message was posted to PRC@ before posting here.)
>
> In recent threads on the PRC list, a couple of items came up that
> might be worth bringing to the community for further discussion. These
> suggestion all require community participation, and so a key question
> is whether the community would participate :)
>
>  * Extending people.apache.org with personal profiles
>  * [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] email drops
>  * A Roller zone for PMC blogs
>

> Extending people.apache.org with personal profiles
>
> It's been suggested that we circulate a press release regarding the
> election of the 2007-2008 board, and include some headshots and bios
> of present and past officers and board members on our board page.
> We've started to collect more information about the people involved in
> the foundation at <http://people.apache.org>, but the site is not well
> publicized. If we would like to post profiles of our board members,
> perhaps we would also like work toward providing personal profiles for
> all of our committers. If we added personal profiles to the
> people.apache.org site, and added the capability to create a page per
> ASF project or group, we might end up with "Who we are" pages for each
> project that looked something like the profile page here:
> <http://women.debian.org/profiles/>. For discussion purposes, I've
> posted an example of an ASF personal profile at
> <http://people.apache.org/~husted/profile.html>, cribbing from the
> Debian site. Again, the format is for discussion purposes only.
>
> Should we encourage a more personal touch to our "who we are" pages?
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] email drops
>
> A recurring PR problem is finding someone with product knowledge to
> contact that's willing to respond. Perhaps we should encourage all
> projects to setup individual press@ and security@ mail drops that
> could go to people within the project, who could then forward valid
> messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Of course, it makes no sense to setup a project
> press@ drop unless there are volunteers in the project willing to do
> the work. If a project were up to handle its own press@, we could also
> copy [EMAIL PROTECTED], so that there is some central oversight.
>
> Should we encourage per-project press@ and project@ mail drops?
>

> A Roller zone for PMC blogs
>
> One of the most popular blogging softwares on the planet, Roller, is
> now an ASF project <http://rollerweblogger.org/project/>. Perhaps it's
> time to eat our own dogfood and encourage development of a Roller zone
> where our PMC's can post easy-to-aggregate announcement blogs. These
> would not be individual blogs as we have on PlanetApache.org, but PMC
> blogs that would focus solely on project news. The initiative could be
> tied to <http://projects.apache.org/>, so that there was a one-stop
> shop for project news. Aside from Roller, another way to go would be
> an XML-based feed, like the one that's being used at Jakarta. As
> [...]

Tetsuya Kitahata --  Terra-International, Inc. - President -
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.terra-intl.com/
Bronze Sponsorship Member (Individual),
          The Apache Software Foundation -- http://sponsor.apache.org/