Hi  All,
I have a question somewhat along this subject. I am looking for
instructions for canning which are in Spanish. I especially want
instructions on how to preserve green beans in  a pressure canner along
with detailed instructions on using a pressure canner. I would want these
instructions to follow USDA guide lines. Of course these instructions need
to have accurate translations as to temperatures and times for processing.

I am coordinator for a small community garden (28 plots) with about half
the plots gardened by Hispanic.

As to preserving low acid foods without pressuring, I remember my mother
using the hot water bath method. None of us ever got sick from eating
these, but I wouldn't want to use that method now. Safety aside, I am
wondering how much nutrition was actually left after hours of boiling.
Marilyn
(Iowa)






_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to