Like Mike, I've given the bill a quick read. Mind you, any other kind of read requires some kind of headache pill that is stronger than what I have.

I see NO threat to our seeds in the bill. I see no MENTION of seeds in the bill. So, I think that's a read herring - possibly well-read.

However, I am somewhat concerned that farmers selling at farmers' markets will have to meet some record keeping and other standards that I think are onerous. I worry for the future of the family farm if some of these reporting and restrictions are implemented. I would like to see someone with more education in law read it through and say what it means for our set of constituents - it seems to me that small producers might end up in a pickle one more time as the laws are written to require more paperwork and reporting than an average person can do in a year. (Reminds me to file my taxes... >>sigh<< - not that I make so much, I work for a non-profit. I just have to PROVE I don't make so much. Very unkind.)

david

--
David King
310.722.3656
FAX 310.975.1214
Lost'n'Found Band
myspace.com/lostnfoundla

Our fears are like dragons, guarding our most precious treasures. Ranier Maria Rilke

_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to