Le Mercredi 13 Décembre 2006 05:56, Don Dailey a écrit :
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 04:48 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > GnuGo is another possibility and has the advantage of being a well
> > > known quantity, but Gnugo fails to meet some of the criteria above
> > > such as being too deterministic and using heavy resources.
>
> But GnuGo uses a lot of memory, or perhaps that can be controlled but
> does that slow it down a lot?

On my computer, gnugo at level 0 takes 13 Mbytes of memory and plays around 2
moves a second. I think it is ok no?

> I'm pretty sure gnugo is deterministic, need to check this out - maybe
> it would be ok to use gnugo if it isn't.
>
> Another way is to modify it to play more randomly during first few moves
> but I'm sure this weakens it and it wouldn't really represent gnugo.

At least at the beginning gnugo is not deterministic whereas there are not so
many variations. I think however it is "random enough" for an anchor.

Of course gnugo for an anchor has also drawbacks, for example as the "true"
version of gnugo would also play on the server.

Sylvain