Of no particular importance I suppose, but did any one else get the impression after looking at the picture (and the way he is holding the stone) that he is not a regular go player?

Chris Fant wrote:
I'm just now reading the article.

"Monte Carlo techniques have recently had success in Go played on a
restricted 9-by-9 board. My hunch, however, is that they won't play a
significant role in creating a machine that can top the best human
players in the 19-by-19 game."

The author loses credibility with this statement.