Rémi Coulom wrote:

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

Multi-stone suicide is allowed, single stone not.

Strange. The reverse would make more sense to me.

I do not track liberties, so the speed penalty for doing it that way is too much.

I wrote my program to track psuedoliberties because this is very fast and I thought I could take a lot of shortcuts and early exits when I had to know the real amount of liberties.

Unfortunately the interesting cases seem to be the ones that don't allow for the shortcuts.

I am now convinced designing the program with psuedoliberties was a mistake.

--
GCP