Christoph Birk wrote:

On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Um, by easier I mean faster. Also, I think single point suicide is more likely to lead to infinite loops, depending on your eye-filling rule.
- Dave Hillis

I don't understand why anyone would allow suicide in playouts. No commonly
used (in particular CGOS) ruleset allows it.

Passing is not allowed in chess. Yet nullmove is quite popular.

There is no reason to follow the rules during playouts. If playing 10 moves at once made my program stronger, I would do just that.

...and yes, I did try that.

--
GCP